Monday, October 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday-10/4

It is good to be back in the swing of things with our menu planning and I'm pleased to say that last week's went well.  As did the egg plant parmesan (and I made enough for two, so we have one waiting in the freezer for another week)!
Now, on to this week's short plan:
Monday--Easy Shepard's Pie (Recipe below)
Tuesday--Creamy Italian Chicken over noodles with salad
Wednesday--Left overs
Thursday--Dinner at parent's house for the Thursday night Nebraska game!  Go Big Red!
Friday--Vegas baby! :)  (We have some easy things in the freezer for my parents to do with the boys for the weekend)


Easy Shepard's (Cottage) Pie:
This is a great recipe to use leftovers with!  
You need about 1 1/2 pounds of beef.  I'm sure you could use ground, but I like to use leftover roast meat!  
I have a lot of canned soups from couponing, so I just mixed up the beef with a can (minus about 1/2 the broth) of beef barley soup.  I think vegetable beef or any other beef soup/stew would work fine.  This seemed like a quick & lighter swap for the traditional gravy this recipe normally calls for.
Dump the meat mixture into the bottom of a casserole dish.  Then, top the meat with green beans.  On top of that, place a layer of mashed potatoes (in my case, these were also left over).  
Then, place in the oven on 350 for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes start to brown. Top with a little cheese if your taste buds so desire.
Super easy (especially if you have leftovers) and yummy! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails