After trying to breastfeed two little guys, Medela is a brand that I've become very familiar with (more so than I ever planned on)! And, I can genuinely say that I not only LOVE their products, but would not have been able to give much breastmilk to my children without them. Because of my breastfeeding struggles, I've purchased purchased Medela's Supplemental Nursing System, bottles, creams, cleaning wipes, more Quick Clean MicroSteam Bags than I could possibly count (they are one of my "must-have" baby products) and used my Medela Pump In Style breastpump round the clock for months! With Little Brother, I even rented Medela's Symphony Hospital-Grade Pump.
It's a definite upgrade to the pump that I purchased over 4 years ago! Here are the specs from Medela's site:
Features and Benefits:
- Daily use · double pump · electric
- Adjustable speed/vacuum dial lets mom choose her most comfortable setting.
- Removable PVC-free cooler bag with contoured ice pack keeps milk cool for up to 12 hours.
- Battery pack lets mom pump anywhere, anytime. (Optional 9V vehicle lighter adapter available).
- More milk in less time with 2-Phase Expression® technology when pumping at Maximum Comfort Vacuum™.
- Everything included in an attractive microfiber tote for fast and easy pumping.
- Helpful storage pockets for organization.
- Convenient integrated work surface for mom.
- Double pumping kit includes PersonalFit™ breastshields.
- All parts that come into contact with breastmilk are BPA-free.
- IMPORTANT: This product is a single user item. Use by more than one user may pose a health risk, performance questions, and voids the warranty.
- Convenient microfiber tote bag
- Battery pack (8AA batteries not included)
- Removable cooler carrier
- 4 - 5 oz breastmilk bottles, lids & travel caps
- Wide base, slow-flow nipple
- 2 - 24 mm PersonalFit™ breastshields
- 2 valves
- 4 membranes
- Contoured ice pack
- Breastfeeding Information Guide
I love the smaller, more sleek look to the bag than the previous model I had! Yet, it has WAY more storage space inside! The lighter color inside also makes it easier to see inside than the old all-black version.
I also love the feature of having a removable cooler pack! It fits into the tote perfectly with quite a bit of extra room on top!
So, it's not only the perfect size, but MUCH more convenient than trying to put together & bring along a separate cooler bag! The new bottles are great also! Much nicer looking than what I had (new bottles on the left, my old bottle on the right).
The only thing it doesn't come with that I think would be a nice addition is a bottle stand. While the new bottles do seem less tipsy than the old varieties, I wouldn't want to take the risk. Whoever coined the phrase, "Don't cry over spilled milk", never spilled a bottle of breastmilk that they had worked so hard to pump (ask me how I know...). The new bottles do fit the old containers though, which is great!Overall, this new pump is outstanding! As a mom with extraordinary difficulties breastfeeding, I know all to well the value of a high-quality pump! If you are expecting a new little one (or are already a nursing mama), I wholeheartedly recommend Medela's pumps (and their other products in general)! I've had great experiences with their customer service too!
Congratulations lucky winner, comment #58!!
1. Simply leave a comment telling me why you'd like to win (i.e. you're expecting a new little one; you want to upgrade the pump you have; you want to give a sweet baby shower gift, etc.).
Get extra entries (leave a separate comment for each):
2. Subscribe to Mom Endeavors on Google Friend Connect (see widget on the left side bar)
3. Join Mom Endeavors on facebook (and share about the giveaway if you're so inclined)
4. Follow Mom Endeavors on twitter (and tweet about the giveaway if you'd like)
if you're already following, thank you, just make sure you leave a comment & let me know!!(up to 4 entries per person)
Limited to US residents only. Giveaway will end on May 30th at 10pm PST. Winner with a valid entry will be selected at random using random.org. I will email the winner and post the winner on the blog. They will have 48 hours to claim their prize (make sure you leave your email address or that it is attached to your profile).
Disclosure: I was given the Pump In Style by Medela for my review. All opinions and experiences are my own. For more information, read my disclosure policy.