This recipe is SO yummy!! And, definitely healthier than chicken alfredo!
Through my little couponing obsession, I was able to get 1/3 lower fat Philly cream cheese last week for free! :) Sweet! But, then I needed some recipes that call for cream cheese. I had chicken I needed to cook, so a simple swagbucks search led me to the discovery of creamy italian chicken recipes. The overwhelming majority are crockpot recipes which I will definitely be trying sometime. But, by the time I found the recipes, it was too late to use the crockpot that night for dinner. So, I concocted my own oven recipe.
Here's what you'll need:
- Chicken (I had one package of 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and one small package of chicken tenders. Most recipes seem to range between 3 & 6 chicken breasts)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
- milk (I used about 1/2 the soup can full of 1%)
- 8oz. package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1 packet italian seasoning (I used Good Seasons)
- Pasta (or rice or even just veggies to serve chicken on)
Once the chicken is cooked through, take out and serve! :)
I decided to cut/shred the chicken and mix it all together (made it easier for the toddler!). You certainly could leave the breasts whole with sauce on top. Also, there are quite a few variations you could do--add mushrooms, onions, or other veggies; add an extra can of soup to make it creamier; add parmesan cheese; serve atop/with different items.
Any way you make this though, it is SO good!! Big Brother loved it too, so it gets the kid-friendly stamp of approval also!
Do you make something similar? If you do or if you try this recipe, I'd love to hear about it! :)